COPYRIGHT ABP CHARTERED ARCHITECTS - Bernard Humphrey-Gaskin, Maria Humphrey-Gaskin

abp Party Wall Surveyors Bernard Humphrey-Gaskin - abp Chartered Architects abp Party Wall Surveyors
Home The Act What Next Contact Us


abp Party Wall SurveyorsParty walls separate buildings owned by different owners, so if you live in a semi-detached or terraced house you would be sharing a wall or walls with your neighbours and this is called the party wall as it is used by both parties.

Definition of a Party Wall

The Act is basically a dispute resolution procedural process, for building works that occur beside neighbouring buildings and/or structures.

It is normal for the Building Owner who instigates the works to pay for all costs (expenses & fees) under the  “ Act  “.

The Party Wall etc Act 1996 covers the following: