COPYRIGHT ABP CHARTERED ARCHITECTS - Bernard Humphrey-Gaskin, Maria Humphrey-Gaskin

abp Party Wall Surveyors
Bernard Humphrey-Gaskin - abp Chartered Architects
abp Party Wall Surveyors

EU regulation:    We use cookies on this site and thereby to continue to use our website

assumes consent to those  cookies being placed on your browser

Home The Act What Next Contact Us

abp Party Wall SurveyorsParty walls separate buildings owned by different owners, so if you live in a semi-detached or terraced house you would be sharing a wall or walls with your neighbours and this is called the party wall as it is used by both parties.

Definition of a Party Wall

The Act is basically a dispute resolution procedural process, for building works that occur beside neighbouring buildings and/or structures.

It is normal for the Building Owner who instigates the works to pay for all costs (expenses & fees) under the  “ Act  “.

The Party Wall etc Act 1996 covers the following:


Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google Bookmarks